Thursday, July 23, 2020

Winter Critters Gift Tags - Sizzix Chapter 3 2020


I don't know about you, but after 16 weeks of awesome tutorials from Tim Holtz, I had a nice supply of backgrounds to choose from for projects.  I grabbed a few that were in the same color family and then used them to make some fun, quick holiday gift tags featuring the new Chapter 3 Winter Critters from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.
For the large base tag on this, I used the large thinlit rectangle die and banner dies that come with the Bigz XL Curio die. The small tag was cut using the Stacked Tags die set, and then I made the little bear a brown bear for this gift tag.
The banner can be used to write the recipients name on the tag.  To give it some dimension, both the smaller green tag and the bear are both popped up with dimensional adhesive.
This gift card bag die is easy enough to cut out and assemble, but you can add a bit of dimension by cutting one of the ovals and the banner, again from the Curio Box thinlits. Then pop the oval and penguin dies with dimensional adhesive.
Then pop up the oval and penguin dies with dimensional adhesive.
I think this one turned out to be my favorite. I love how the technique on the large background tag turned out. It was one of the techniques Tim showed where you make a print with a stencil.
For this tag, I again used dimensional adhesive and decided to make the bear into a polar bear.

Being that most of the hard work of making the background papers was already done, the die cutting and making the Winter Critters was actually really simple and these went together very quickly. If you would like to see the techniques I used for making these backgrounds, they were the mono printing from this Saturday demo tutorial by Tim Holtz, and the micro-glaze resist technique from this Saturday Demo.

Thank you for stopping by to check these out. I hope they give you some ideas for quick decorative gift tags. It's a good time to start making now so that they are ready to just pop on presents when the busy holiday season rolls around.

Merry Christmas in July!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Such fun tags, I really like the idea of the little gift card bag...used as a tag or a gift...

sarascloset said...

Tammy, these are so adorable, and your colors are fabulous! Can you believe, I have not watched any of those videos! Hoping to give Tim's techniques a try soon! Thank you for the inspiration and the links!