- The pumpkin, part of the Monster Reunion stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous, was just stamped on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Black Archival Ink and watercolored with Distress Inks and Markers.
- I cut him out with one of the small Stacked Deckle Dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix, and then matted with a tiny bit of Black Metallic Kraftstock
- I added a bigger mat to the pumpkin made from Heavystock that was colored with various orange Distress Stains and a light touch of Black Soot Distress Spray Stain. I cut it out of the center of the same mat I used for the big scribbly background paper.
- I finished it off with some messy zig zag machine stitching across the bottom just as a fun little element of interest. This type of stitching requires zero actual sewing skill, so it's perfect for those of us who don't really sew. If you have them, you could use one of the Stitches CMS365 stamps instead of machine stitching.
- Then I added a piece of chipboard or you could use some dimensional adhesive like foam dots to lift it off the background.
Once you get the background technique perfected, this is really a simple card to replicate.
I'm always thankful you took the time to stop by and hope it was helpful.
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose. If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!