Saturday, July 25, 2020

Papercut Santa Christmas Card - Sizzix Chapter 3 2020

Today I have a fairly simple Christmas card to share with you that features the Stacked Triangles and Paper Cut Colorize Santa that were part of the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 3 2020 release.

To begin, I applied some Distress Microglaze through the Speckles THS021 Layering Stencil onto the textured side of Distress Watercolor Cardstock. Then I misted the cardstock with a nice layer of water and then lightly sprayed some Tumbled Glass Distress Spray over it and then sprayed more water until I had a light covering of blue for the background. The Micro-Glaze will resist the color and make a bit of snow to show through the blue.
I had several different backgrounds in green from practicing different Distress techniques. I cut different sizes of the Stacked Triangles from them. Then I covered the triangles with Micro-Distress Glaze, and flicked Picket Fence Distress Paint onto them.
When I applied them to the card, I put various layers of dimensional adhesive to them so some are flat o the card and others are raised. Also, I added the tiny sentiment ho, ho, ho, with the Tiny Type lowercase alphabet.
The Paper Cut Santa goes together very easily. There are indentations where everything should go, but there are additional detail indentations like the little trees in the jacket and the lines on the beard. So cute!
Santa's hands are in the air and I was going to put something like tinsel or a string of lights or a banner for him to hold, but it covered up the details I just mentioned and this was a sample card to show the Santa die, so I changed my mind and didn't put anything in his hands. But I'm mentioning it since it could make for a really fun scene with other dies and you know how I love scenes!
Here you can see some of the layered details on the trim on Santa's suit, and that before I attached anything to the card I machine stitched around the outside of the card and then in curvy lines to mimic snow.
As you can see this is a really simple card to make and I like the whimsy of this Paper Cut Santa.

Thanks for checking in on my first Christmas Card of 2020!
Tami
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas...love that we have Chirstmas in July...the Papercut Santa does have great detail...love your idea bout putting a string of something in his hands....wow, you are on a roll right now...how many days back to back?!!!

Art By Wanda said...

A wonderful card!!! What a great idea to micro glaze the triangles before splattering the white paint!!!