Thursday, July 2, 2020

Trick or Treaters Goodie Bar - Sizzix Chapter 3

Well, now that we have had a minute to take in all the inspiration from the new Halloween dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix, I thought I would post this project first. The adorable Trick or Treaters sparked an idea in my head as I was sleeping one night. Why not dress them up to match Halloween treats for a Halloween party? So I set to work finding fun treats and yummy candies to go with them.
I have a bunch of apothecary jars and so I decided that for my Halloween party, the goodie bags with treats needed to be in a jar with a tag in front letting the ToTers at my party choose which treat they wanted.
Of course the Dracula costume had to have fangs and I thought Candy Corn was a natural match to go with them.
Each tag is a #8 thick board Etcetera tag made by Stampers Anonymous. The papers for all three tags and many of the words are from the Idea-ology Abandoned paper pad.
 All of the parts of the Dracula Trick or Treater were cut from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock, except for the white shadow on the letters, and eyes. Those were from Distressed Watercolor Cardstock.
I cut the pieces out first and then watercolored them with Distress Inks. You can follow the photo for placement of the parts of the die cut, or you can wing it and do your own thing.
I wanted some dimension so I popped Dracula off the tag with a piece of chipboard behind him and the lettering has dimensional foam dots behind it. I used the inside letters from the Shadow alphabet and cut two so I could offset them.
Every pirate needs and eye patch and some gold mateys!
The words Aye and Patch are both from the Lowercase Shadow font. I used just the outline on the top and just the inside letter on the bottom.
I ordered a dozen eye patches and paired them with rolos for some pretty gold candies. All of the treats I ordered from Amazon, and supplemental candies are from CVS.
The blue paper from the Abandoned paper pad was perfect for the pirate.
I changed the pumpkin treat bag to a kind of skull themed bag by cutting it from white and only using the eyes. I backed him with a few small Planks dies to tie in the theme.
That mask needed a superhero to go with it, but I am sorely challenged when it comes to superhero knowledge. So I texted a couple of friends who I rely on for all things comics and superheroes. They helped me choose the Green Lantern. I was surprised to learn that there are many green lanterns, not just one. They are male, female, human, alien... crazy right? But the main thing is, they have a ring.
So I searched the internet and did you know they have superhero rings you can purchase by the bag?  Well they do! So I bought an entire bag to share with my treaters. Also, please take note of the Green Lantern symbol on his shirt. It is made with pieces of lettering from the Tiny Type alphabet.
At this point I have to address something I didn't notice until after I had shipped these off to Tim.  Sometime between making this and photographing it, the lower part of the Lantern symbol on his shirt shifted. It is driving me nuts, but I'm determined not to "freak my freak" about it. Hahahaha! Just know it was supposed to look like the one in the photo above this one.
I tore some brown paper from Abandoned to serve as a small hill, and again changed the pumpkin treat bag for a green one. The top lettering is the Classic Lowercase Alphanumeric font.
He is also popped up for dimension. I cut the outer drop shadow letters from the new Shadow font from Abandoned paper and some heavy black cardstock so that it would have dimension and stand out better.

Hey thank you so very, very much for stopping by to check out the Trick or Treat buffet. I hope this gets some ideas flowing as we prepare for what might be a little different Halloween this year, but lets not let that deter us from being fun and creative anyway!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

6 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Trick or Treat, I'll take a bag of Fangs, please....LOL...Love it, what an amazing idea...and a lot of work, but soooo worth it...

Nancy said...

Oh, Tami! We can always count on you for the cleverest use of the products to make something entirely fantastic! The set of treaters are so cute and the pairing with each candy bag was genius. Thanks for sharing your inspiration and time! Delightful!❤️

blupixy said...

What a clever idea with the coordinating treat bags! Your tags are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Connie Fossenier said...

Tami, thankyou for the wonderful inspiration...these little characters take on a personality of their own...your tags are stunning.

Susanne said...

These are so fun and really awesome! I’m always amazed by your creativity.

sarascloset said...

Tami, you kill me with your unending creativity and fun loving mind! These are precious, and a great use of these die sets. I did notice the shift on the shirt, and thought there might be an interactive element at play. Ha!Ha! Looks like Tami's house is a great place to party! Thanks for the inspiration!