Monday, July 27, 2020

Cards for Kindness Post 5 - Batik

Today's Cards for Kindness are on the cute side.  Just a reminder that all of these cards are made with a technique I learned from this Jennifer MacGuire video.

 For today's card I used a stamp called Batik from Botanical and Batik CMS327 and I love the way it worked with this technique.
As with each card from this technique, I stamped the Batik stamp onto the smooth side of a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock with clear Distress Embossing Ink, then covered it with clear, superfine embossing powder. Heat emboss, then color with Distress Inks and a blending tool. Mist with water and set aside to dry.
Once it is dry, put a second piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock smooth side down on top of the first piece. Heat through with a hot, dry iron. Take your time to make sure the embossing powder remelts and soaks in to the second piece of paper. It should look like the one on the left above.
Then color the second piece with the same Distress colors. You can see how the thin lines and white detail remain on the first background on the right, and how the detail blends out softening the second one on the left.
On both cards I trimmed the front of the card to about 3.75" so that it allowed the piece of linen paper  adhered to the inside back to show. On each card I added a strip of stamped watercolor cardstock. This was made when I inked the linen stamp from Linen and Mesh CMS221 with the same colors of Distress Ink as the batik, and then misted with water and dried to used as a coordinating strip of paper.
To each card I stamped one of the stitched stamps from Stitches CMS365. I also added a few flat sequins that I have had in my stash for years, and years, and years! It was so nice to get them out and use them finally.

Another set down. With each set I think it's my favorite, but I think it's just that I love getting to play with color, the satisfaction of seeing how the ironing changes the look, and then making all the cards with basically the same, simple design, but having them all look and feel just a little different.

Let's go out and spread some kindness!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

Tami I love these bright colored cards - they just make me happy!

scrappergirl56 said...

Fun stuff with punny stamps.....