Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Critters Curio Box Stocking Stuffers - Sizzix Chapter 3 2020


When I was making some samples for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 3 release, I wanted to be sure to include gift items. As I was contemplating that, my eye fell on my Curio Box die and I started imagining how I could use it as a gift card holder.  These little Winter Critter stocking stuffers were the outcome.
First I made a couple of Curio Boxes according to the directions. I cut the inside box from Chipboard or Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board, and the outer box I cut from some Idea-ology Abandoned paper. The decorative opening is cut using a set of framelits that are included with the Curio Box Bigz XL die. There are  two of these ticket shapes and two ovals as well as a little banner shape.  To keep any goodies from falling out of the box, I cut a piece of a transparency and adhered it to the inside top of the box. That way I could add the gift card and then a bunch of candies.
I added a small Stacked Tag to the front of the Curio Box with the Winter Critters deer. He's super cute in the little scarf. The tag allows for the To and From to be written on the front or the back of the tag. And if you look behind the tag, you can see that I filled the Curio Box with Rolos. All stacked in rows they kind of loosely resemble a gold tree.
The second Winter Critter Stocking Stuffer was made the same way, as the one above.
The difference is the tag is cut from the Curio Framelits. You can see the banner die that is included in the framelits running along the bottom of the tag. That is a place for the giver to write the name of the receiver.
On this tag I featured the cool Winter Critters bunny with her pink ear muffs. I think this one is funny because the ear muffs aren't anywhere near her ears. LOL. But they look good and that's what really matters.
I filled this curio box with Andes mints that are again held in the box by a clear transparency that was cut and attached to the inside of the box lid.

These are really simple to make and are a cute way to give a gift card or just some yummy candy. I got a little enamored with these curio box stocking stuffers and you will see a few more variations on these in upcoming weeks.

Thank you for stopping by friends!
Tami


I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

these re just darling Tami - you are soooo clever!

scrappergirl56 said...

I really love this idea and will be using something like these for the gift cards and yummy candies that I give to my USPS, UPS and FedEx drivers each year...bonus with the easy part...LOL...thanks for the fabulous idea!

Kari said...

These are stinking adorable.