Monday, August 29, 2022

The Scarecrow Light-up Card

I thought The Scarecrow set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous was a fun set that could be everything from a fun fall harvest card to a spooky cornfield card. I wanted to try adding a light to a card and I thought this would be the perfect one to try it on. 

I did my best to demonstrate not only how to make this card, but how to put a light in a card. The lights are from Pear Blossom Press and the style I used for this card is called a One Light.

  

I love the giant moon  in this set!

Here is the fun light up effect!
Here you can see his eyes cut out so the light will shine through the vellum.

So here is the same card made in two diffent sizes, but one is interactive and one isn't. I think anhyone would be happy to get either one.
 
I want to thank you for coming to my blog. I really truly do appreciate each one of you that takes the time and effort to stop by. Your support means so much to me!
Have a craty day,'
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

Tona said...

Thanks so much for the great, detailed video! I really appreciate you taking the time to make it. Love your cute nails too.

scrappergirl56 said...

The light-up eyes really add an extra creep to the scarecrow. What a fun interactive card. It is also fun to see Tim's reaction to interactive cards/makes. Just a kid at heart.

Jann said...

Just found your blog today via the Tim Holtz Addicts on Instagram--love all you create! This video was so interesting and informative! Love, love, LOVE this awesome card!

Ariel said...

This is adorable! Thank you for sharing all your great techniques, and backed up by the perfect sneaky music!! My stamp set just came, so I'm eager to get going.