Sunday, August 7, 2022

Headless Horseman Light-up Card for Whimsy Stamps

I have another card for you today for the Whimsy Stamps Halloweener Design Team, and this one LIGHTS UP! This card features the Headless Horseman Clear Stamp Set, The Shaker Maker Glitter Globe Die Set, Nevermore Paper Pack, Tree Silhouette Rubber Stamp, and the bats are from the Build a Graveyard Die Set. Links to these are at the bottom of this post as well as links to the EZ Lights from Pear Blossom Press.

I filmed a tutorial as I was making this and threw in a mini ink blending tutorial as well as a mini machine stitching on paper tutorial, so it ended up being kind of long. Regardless, I hope you find it informative and helpful.

I used the EZ Lights with the set of three lights on wires for this card. The push button for them is the lowest bat on the card. It lights up just the Headless Horseman's Head. You do have to fussy cut the teeny, tiny eyes, nose and mouth with a Craft Knife, but it is worth the time and patience in my opinion!

I just love the look of this stamp with his face lit up!

That being said, the card and stamps are still just as great when his face doesn't light up, so if you aren't in to the trouble of the fussy cutting and fooling around with the lights, not a problem. Just stamp it all and you still have a great card!

I truly hope you enjoyed the video tutorial on this card and like Jennifer McGuire did for me, that it sparks an idea or inspiration for your own make.

Have a crafty day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Whimsy Stamps, Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 comments:

Zolane said...

I love your cards and various tutorials. Always incredibly creative and helpful! Thank you for another fun project!

Kathy W said...

Great cards! I appreciate the amount of thought and level of detail that you bring to your projects, even down to the choice of music. I love the spooky sounding tunes. Thank you for the inking and sewing tutorials. Out of curiosity, what sewing machine do you use for your card making?

Tamera said...

Thanks Kathy! I use the Brother sewing machines from Walmart. I’ve gone through two in the last 10 years.