Saturday, October 2, 2021

Tim Holtz Village - Woooohooo!

 


Are you as excited as I am that Tim Holtz and Sizzix have come out with a Village again? I know many people are doing a happy dance. It is based on the same village art as the steel die originals but in a slightly different size and with added elements. and the inspiration makes were incredible weren't they? I always get such fantastic ideas from the makers and I know you do too.

I will be doing a tutorial on this, but here is my make, based on and inspired by Toad Hall in Disneyland's Storybookland Boats.


Not only did Tim release the village all in one set, which is fantastic and a phenomenal price point for the entire set, BUT, he also released three new mini texture fades in woodgrain, brickwork and cobblestones. Ah.maz.ing!!!

The Texture Fades and Village die set are listed below if you are interested in getting this set. And stay tuned for the tutorial! I have lots of tutorials coming soon. 

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Ranger Ink, and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!  

6 comments:

Chari Moss said...

This project is completely amazing! I am so inspired by it and sad I did not ride the storybook ride when I was in Disneyland. (I am an east coaster so Disney World is where I get to go more often) I love it so, so much and can't wait to build some houses! Fantastic job!

TaraJacobsen said...

Such a wonderful make! I love your version of toad hall... thanks so much for sharing!

uncbballfan said...

I love your make! And I'm super excited about this release, which I have already ordered. I missed the original; I have been looking for months and everything I found (which wasn't much) was way beyond my budget. I feel like Christmas has come early!

StacyB said...

Tami, this is so spectacular. I love all the details and it really does look like a storybook house. I can't wait to get these dies and play...although it will probably take a lot of practice to ever make anything so gorgeous!

TeresaC said...

This is FABULOUS Tami!!! Such a delight to see what you have made!!

Lady Dragoness said...

Love this! I hope you do get around to posting a tutorial. I'm still learning how to work with these dies. The original village steel rule dies were way out of line with my budget, so I was delighted to find the paper village set of 16 dies last year and the second paper village set of 21 dies earlier this year... and then absolutely amazed by this new mega-set with all the detailed windows and trims... so yes, I have all three sets.