Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Costume Party Tombstone Treats

The Costume Party dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix are so cute aren't they? Such a fun little trio. I decided I wanted to make some special favors to showcase them so I turned to the #8 Etcetera Tombstones and the new Mini Texture Fades.

Here is a walk through video of this project with some explanations as to how I made these fun treats:

 

This is the #8 Etcetera Tombstone. I needed three for this project.

 

Then I needed three of the smallest Vignette Boxes. I always have these left over because I tend to use the two largest sizes. You can also you the size one bigger than this, but you have to attach it to the short end of the box to make it fit. I just attached it by putting Distress Collage Medium along the bottom of the tag and holding them together, You can also use a vice or clip to hold them together until the Collage Medium dries.

 

I painted the tags, boxes and three pieces of heavystock that I embossed with the Brickwork, Mini Mechanical and Mini Foundry 3D Texture Fades. I painted one with Pumice Stone, one with Hickory Smoke and one with Ground Espresso Distress Paints.

 

This one was painted with Pumice Stone and then I put Distress Grave Grit Paste around the edges to make it look old.

 

These were painted Hickory Smoke and Ground Espresso. Once dry, I went over them with Distress Transluscent Grit Paste. 

I laid out all of the dies together for each of the figures in this set. The names are on the back along with color suggestions. 

To make the vampire:

To make the mummy:

 
To make the monster:

 Once you have them put together, lets look at the details on each tombstone.

 

Tim's tombstone was painted with Pumice Stone and then had Distress Grave Grit Paste put on it. I added Tim's name by cutting the letters with the Varsity Alpha dies.

 

Generally I let the amazing Grave grit paste on this one do its thing.

 

 I enhancedthe grit paste a tinhy bit with some Distress Crayons, but not much.

 

I added a band around a bag of treats with the same paper as the front of the tombstone.

 

I put a Switchlit on the band with the name of the treat.

 

I used the Tiny Type font and a small bat from the Pumpkin Patch die set to each of the switchlit labels.

At the top of the back of the tombstone,  I added the punch out from the tombstone overlay with the same embossed paper and another bat. lol at how fantastic that Grace Grit Paste is!!

For Mario's tombstone favor I put Transluscent Grit Paste on the raised areas with a pallate knife.
This gives the stonework a different feel than if you apply it with your finger as you will see on my Tombstone favor.
The back was made the same way as before but just a different treat.
These are those marshmallow jelly filled eyeballs that all the trick or treaters that come to my house seem to love.

 My tombstone favor sports the 3D Brickwork texture fade. These were made long before the Mini Brickwork, Mini Cobblestone and Mini Lumber were released or I would definitely have used one or all of them! You can see that the bricks aren't dark brown anymore. I used a dry briush to rub a bit of Hickory Smoke Paint or Pumice Stone Distress Paint over the raised areas so the dark brown was ony in the recessed areas

 

This piece had Transluscent Grit PAste pounced all over it so that it gave it a rough texture that is different from Marios. A Peeled Paint and Walnut stain Distress Crayon really transformed this into an old, crumbly looking stone.

 

The backside looks as old and crumbly as the front.

 

I love this mossy, crumbly textured look so much!

The candies on this one I called Gummy Mummies, but they are really Gummy Zombie Parts if you are looking to order them.

These were a delight to make and I hope they inspire you to get your grit paste on and get some fun Halloween favors made.
Thank you so very much for visiting my blog and reading this post. II am always so thankfuyl for your support!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Ranger Ink, and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!  


1 comment:

Linda Stenzel said...

I do enjoy your makes so much! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible talents!!