Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The Count and Pumpkinhead Halloween Treats

 
 These really fun treats featuring The Count and Pumpkinhead from Tim Holtz and Sizzix are kind of two in one gifts that I made with older people in mind. “Older” meaning, not for the little kiddos but more for teens or adults. These are much easier than they may seem so let's get started.
 
 Here is the video walk through of these two projects:
I got the plastic flasks from Amazon. I just did a search for food grade plastic beaker flasks. I used plastic because it was going to be shipped several times. But if I was doing a fun party and using these as gifts for adults, I would probably use the food grade glass Flasks with the corks. 
***Also, food safety is a concern so adding a bunch of products to the outside of the flask is not the focus here, the candy inside and the adorable tags are the focus. I’m not a food safety expert, so take care with what you add to the flasks and if you have any concerns don’t do it.***
The Count is on a coffin shaped tag. This is really easy to make and I explain it in the youtube video. Sorry I didn't take step out photos at the time.
Here is how to assemble The Count.
I made the wood grain paper on both these tags by using Distress Stains and the 3D Lumber Texture Fade.
One detail I love on this is that I used the bat die, that comes with the count, as his bow tie.
 Without the cape, he would make a fantastic creepy butler wouldn't he?
 His treat is the candy corn from the Brachs Autumn Mix to represent fangs. This is the Seal Switchlit, Tiny Type alpha, and the bat from the Count die.
Here is how to assemble Pumpkinhead
The Pumpkinhead favor was made much the same way as the coffin but without the sides of the tag being angled. I wanted this to be like a barn door or the side of a covered bridge.
I originally had plans to make Winifred the Colorize Zebra into a black stallion for him, but you know, there is only so much time and I ran out of it. So there may be a Winifred the black stallion in the future, but not for this make. LOL!
As you can see, I have two different colored woodgrains on the door so that the detail shows up more than it did on the coffin.
And the treat for this one is the pumpkins from the Autumn Mix for the spare heads. 

Thanks so much for checking out these Halloween treats. I always hope that something in my makes inspires you to make something and that is my hope with these projects too.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Ranger Ink, and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!  

\

3 comments:

Linda Stenzel said...

Thank you for the fabulous inspiration! I love your imagination with such rich detail!!

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

This is quite the "sweet" make...fun stuff...need to make a couple of these for the neighbors' big kids.

ValzKraftinKorner said...

Oh my gosh, so much fun! I too love Halloween and want to make these for my co-workers this yr. What size beaker did you use? Tx for your inspiration, these are aewsome!!