Monday, March 23, 2020

Find Joy In the Ordinary - Distress Glazes

 This card was born out of a creative session in my studio when I got the Distress Embossing Glazes. They are amazing! If you have them and haven't had a chance to experiment with them, I hope you do soon. And if you don't have them, I hope you have an opportunity to get them soon!
Tim Holtz has done some wonderful live demos on his Facebook page here and here where he uses them. I highly recommend watching them if you haven't already.
 I previously posted the steps to make the tag on my Instagram stories so that's why these photos have wording on them.
 Tim actually shows this water drop technique in depth in his glazes demo.
 You really have to try this. It's so cool!
 I guess I was a little too excited to see how they looked!
 Great texture and shine.
 That script had originally been stamped lighty in Ground Espresso.
 I colored the tag after I embossed because I wanted the Weathered Wood color to remain true.
 For the card background, I used a blending tool to put Distress Embossing Ink onto a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Then I applied some Weathered Wood Distress Embossing Glaze, and then Distress Spray Stain. I wanted it to look like a stone wall or walkway.
I finished the card off by stamping a sentiment from Tiny Text and embossing it with Weathered Wood Distress Glaze and then inking it with Ground Espresso Spray Stain.

I do hope you get a chance to work with these new Embossing Glazes. They are fun and pretty amazing!

I want to thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it so much. Thank you for the comments, for contacting me through the link in the right column, and for your encouragement and support. I'm incredibly grateful for you!!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Yes, I have the Glazes, No, I have not taken the time to play YET! I must play soon, they look amazing. Thanks for sharing all the steps...playtime, playtime, playtime...LOL.