Thursday, March 5, 2020

Think Outside the Box - Stampers Anonymous

It's time to get a little Glitchy!  These stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous just make me think of Disneyland's Tomorrowland for some reason, so I went with that inspiration.
I started out by stamping the various stamps from Grunged CMS402, Glitch 1 CMS403 and Glitch 2 CMS 404 on pieces of Alcohol Ink Cardstock paper (this is the glossy cardstock in the Alcohol Ink line, NOT Yupo). I stamped in different colors of Distress Archival Ink. These are some of the pieces I stamped just hoping one would turn out well enough that I would use it for a sample.
The following pictures will show how the stamped Alcohol Ink Cardstock looked after the Archival Ink step, then the second picture will show how the piece looked after rubbing the Distress Ink pad over the surface and wiping off the excess ink.
This piece looked weird with the Tea Dye so I tried to salvage it with the darker Ground Espresso but there wasn't any saving it. It just looks bad.
So I went straight for a darker brown with this one. No messing around this time! LOL
Nope, still not a fan of the brown with these stamps. It's not working for me.
This one had brown archival already stamped on it so I went for a really dark blue in Chipped Sapphire.
Well, it's not horrible, but not really a favorite.
So then I decided to try a lighter Distress Ink.
It's pretty interesting! It might work. Would definitely make for a nice guy card front for sure.
For this one I decided why not go for grey. Grey and silver are definitely a Tomorrowland color.
I liked it! It definitely had the feeling I wanted. 
So I paired it with some of the new Idea-ology Machinery Heads, which are fabulous, as well as with an older Stampers Anonymous stamp from Motivation CMS292.
I hope letting you see my experiments and attempts to get the look I wanted was helpful. I know sometimes it seems like the cards you see come out perfectly on our first try and it's always good to know that every one of us have things that work and things that don't and it's all part of learning and perfecting our craft. So don't be afraid to just try. You never know what you'll end up with.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Thanks for letting us see the experiments. Now you have all the other cards that will possibly work one day to cut-up into something else...Right??!!