Monday, March 2, 2020

Be Your Beautiful Self - Flower Shop

I was srawn to the lovely Flowershop CMS401 stamps by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous the minute I saw them. Such a beautiful set! So I wanted to make an equally beautiful card to showcase them.
Along with the Flowershop stamps, I added the new Eclectic Edges CMS399 for some texture. I stamped one of the Eclectic Edges on a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock then embossed it with black embossing powder and sprayed it with some Distress Stains such as Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, and Spun Sugar.
I then cut the piece out with the scallop edge die in the Stitched Ovals die set. This may have been retired, so if you find one, grab it. I use it a lot! The scalloped die made the stamped edge look like lace.  I stamped a different Eclectic Edge on a small kraftstock tag and embossed it with black embossing powder as well.
To make the card background I stamped the test stamp from Flowershop onto the background several times in Distress Archival Hickory Smoke. Then I sprayed the background with Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar and a tiny bit of Vintage Photo.
The focal point was cut from the Stitch Ovals die cut set and then I sprayed a tiny bit of Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet and a drop or two of Vintage Photo on a very wet piece of Watercolor paper. I wanted the colors to be very light and blended. Once it was dry I stamped the daisy Flowershop stamp onto the center of the oval.
The last few touches were some machine stitching, I hand cut a black cardstock oval mat around the outside edge of the oval. And then I stamped a sentiment from the Tiny Text CMS394 onto a piece of kraft paper and embossed it as well. Everything was edged in Vintage Photo.

I've already seen so many gorgeous cards with this one and am looking forward to seeing many more. All three of these stamps are definitely sets that will be used over and over and over again.

I am always so grateful that you stop by, read my posts and also for those who leave comments and support me through my affiliates below. You are all the real heroes for supporting me and others who share their designs and I wanted to be sure you know how thankful I am.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tami! The colors are so springy, just what we need at this time of year. Love all of the time you take with your explanation and all of the details and layers on your card. Thanks for sharing!❤️

scrappergirl56 said...

Love what you did with the Eclectic Edges stamps and the Scallop die from the Ovals set. It DOES look like real lace...