Saturday, October 8, 2022

Twig and Stump - Sizzix and Distress

Oh my goodness! Twig and Stump from Tim Holtz and Sizzix are so adorable and they are fun to place in different holiday scenarios. I put them in a tree decorating scene and they are a cold mess aren't they? And that Tree Ring 3D Texture Fade is incredible! WOW!
I made a video tutorial of this project.

I used a bit of seasonal Distress from Tim Holtz and Ranger Ink on this project because the details make all the difference friends! Snowfall Grit Paste, Mica Stains and my new fave Gray Two Tone Woodgrain Cardstock took this project to the next level.
 
I am just so amazed at that tree ring 3D folder. It is SO GOOD!!
The Gray Two Tone Woodgrain paper is fabulous by itself and super fun colored with Distress Mica Stains like I did on the scarves, hats and tree baubles.

Idea-ology Christmas Tiny Lights really helped add to the silliness of this make.
Just look at the Gray Two Tone Woodgrain! Seriously so good! I'm glad I ordered a bunch. Don't worry, I left you some but don't wait too long.
You can cut three arms at once so you layer them together and they are strong enough to hold things like Tiny Lights.
I love that the Grey Woodgrain turned striped when I colored it with Mica Stain. So fun and with very little effort.
I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and seeing how I used some of the new Distress items in a make.

Have a festively creative day,

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 comments:

KGBaird said...

I just watched your video, and it couldn’t have come at a better time! I just received Twig and Stump and the Tree Rings 3D folder in the mail today. I love all of your makes, and this one is definitely doable. Since I am not able to comment directly on your YT channel, I wanted to come by and say thank you. Thanks for continually inspiring me and for giving us all a glimpse into your clever, creative process. Sending hugs from Ky.

scrappergirl56 said...

I so love this make and Twig and Stump are just the cutest snowmen ever!!! Loved watching the video and loved even more all the names you gave them and that you are able to joke about it. That Tree Rings 3D is incredible, and I can hardly wait to use it along with Twig and Stump.

Carla said...

I adore your Twig and Stump make. When I saw them that thought came to me too...they need to decorate a tree and I can imagine it like a comedy show for sure. I love the way you chose to use all the woodgrain papers. Thank you for sharing and for always having such inspiring makes. Great work! (hug)