Sunday, November 25, 2018

May Your Season Be Merry

What a great weekend of 2018 Holiday Hacks from Tim Holtz! So much fun! In today's Holiday Hacks Part 2, he discussed the Festive Overlay CMS357 Stamps. I'm admitting right here and right now that when I got these stamps in August to make samples, I had no clue they were made to have the sentiment stamped over the image.  But I did like that they were similar in size, so I stamped many of them aligned vertically as I did on this card. But to see how they were designed to be used, you must watch Tim's 2018 Holiday Hacks Part 2 video.
To make this card I stamped both images in Distress Archival Ground Espresso onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Then I aged it a little with Antique Linen Distress Ink and cut it out using one of the Stacked Deckle dies.
Then it was simply a matter of layering it on some mats. The first mat was made by stamping the Planks CMS344 background stamp onto some Heavystock and coloring it brown with Distress Ink. I added a few dots on each plank to mimic nail holes.

The larger mat was stamped using the Plaid CMS243 background stamp with black archival ink and then coloring it with Candied Apple Distress Ink.
The snow was made by putting Opaque Crackle Texture Paste through one of the snow drifts on the SnowCap THS114 Layering Stencil onto a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock. Once it was dry and cracked I cut it out and glued it on.

I finished off the piece by machine stitching around the outside and then tying a little bit of red Crafter's Thread with a snowflake adornment.

Have a creative day! 

Tami 

 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. The links below send you to their store. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and my YouTube channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: