Saturday, August 8, 2026

Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop - Anatomy Chart Dies

 

Hello and welcome to the Simon Says Stamp blog Hop for the Halloween Coordinating dies with Tim Holtz Stamps. I hope you are ready for a ton of spooky fun and inspiration today.

If you started the hop at the Simon Says Stamp blog, then you just came from Jean Doeringsfeld and you will be going to Barb Engler

next. But I hope you will stick around to check out my card.

I chose to use the Anatomy Chart stamps and dies for this card.
I gathered my supplies that are listed at the end of this blog with my affiliate links.
I began by coloring so Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Old Paper and Antique Linen Distress Sprays.
Next I cut a few pieces of Idea-ology Halloween Backdrops into A2 sized pieces and colored them with Aged Mahogany Distress Spray Stain and dried. I chose my favorite to be the background for todays card.
This is what they looked like after I had sprayed them with the Aged Mahogany and splattered them with Antique Linen Dsitress Spritz.
Next I stamped the skull and femur bones onto the paper I stained earlier with Old Paper and Antique Linen. I stamped the images in Distress Archival Ground Espresso.
Once the images were stamped and dried I colored them with a bit of Frayed Burlap and Old Paper Distress Inks with a water brush.
I decided the Antique Linen Spritz splatter I had done on the background wasn't gold enough for me, so I reached for my Pawsitively Gold Splatter from Simon Says Stamp and splattered with it and it was perfect! Then I machine stitched around the outside of the backdrop with gold metallic thread.
Before putting the backdrop on a card I wanted more gold, so I grabbed some gold cardstock and cut a piece on my Tonic Deckle Trimmer at 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 This gave the smallest little gold deckle mat around my backdrop that was cut to 5 1/4 x 4
To assemble the card I reached for my Pawsitievely glue and foam squares from Simon Says Stamp.
To finish it off I stamped a Halloween Tiny Text sentiment and cut it out with one of the Tiny Text Coordinating Dies. I also added a few little gold coins I made by cutting some small pieces of chipboard with a large hole punch and painting them with gold paint. I thought they went well with the sentiment.
Here you can see the dimension that the coordinating dies add. I made a card similar to this when these stamps were first released and I had to hand cut them all out. It wasn't fun, but die cutting them this time was a breeze! I'm so excited to have dies for these stamps now!

 For this sentiment I cut it out with a smaller die because I only wanted part of the Tiny Text sentiment for this card. I wanted it to suggest that all he ever loved was gold.

 

I don't know that this would be a card you would send to just anyone, but if you know someone who likes pirates or if you wanted to frame this and make a little decor piece out of it that would be great too!

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop and get a lot of great inspiration for using these new dies. 

Have a creative day,

Tami

 

And here is a quick reminder of today's hop order:

 

Below are my affiliate links to the products I used for today's card.

 

No comments: