Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Mini-Slimline Accordion Card

 I really enjoyed working out the design for this Mini Slimline Accordian Card to showcase the new Silhouette Birds, Artsy Stems, and Bold Text 2 dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.

It would be best if you watch this Youtube tutorial for making the card, but I have included below some stepouts and close-ups to help as well.

Start with an 8.5x11 piece of heavystock or watercolor cardstock. Score from right to left at .5", 3.75", 7", 10.25" (there will be a .75"piece left.) There should be 3 - 3.25" sections in the middle and a .75" piece on the left and a .5" piece on the right. 
Then mark it at 3.5" up from the bottom tight corner, and 5.5" from the bottom left corner. then cut the piece on the diagonal.
 
 Here is what it would look like once you cut it on the diagonal and then fold it. You should end up with two pieces that are quite similar.
 Once you have it folded accordion style, then trim off the extra flap on the front, leaving the flap on the back of the accordion.

You need to cut a piece from the same type of paper as the accordion, that measures 3.23x6.25. Attach the accordion flap to the back of this piece by lining up the bottom of the card.
This is what it should look like when you are finished.
And this is what it will look like when it is closed.
Cut another piece from a different color of coordinating paper that is 3.5"x6.5" for the back of the card.

 Attach the accordion card as show with the coordination back leaving a 1/8" mat around the card.
 
Now you can decorate it as desired. I'm just posting photos of how I decorated this card if you are interested.

 

 
 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through the space in the right column.

Thank you so very much for stopping by and reading though this post!

Have a creative day,

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 

2 comments:

sarascloset said...

I was pretty sure I could do without all these things, but you have made me see the possibilities. Love this card!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Such a cool design with the accordion fold. Love the colors and dies you used in it too.