Sunday, March 7, 2021

A Beautiful World - Idea-ology 2021

There are some really gorgeous products in the new Idea-ology release and I wanted to showcase some of them in this project. I know most of you are used to some back story or inspiration behind my makes, but this is one of those that just celebrates the product for its beauty.
The base of this project is a Mini Etcetera tag. I tore the new Entymology Collage Paper into pieces and adhered it to the raw tag and tag reinforcer with some Distress Collage Medium. Put a thin layer of Collage Medium on the tag, press a torn piece of the Collage paper into it, gently flatten it out, then brush the top of the paper with Collage Medium. Repeat until the entire tag is covered. 
Once it is completely dry, sand any excess Collage Paper off the edges, and get ready to use some Distress Crayons.
Begin by scribbling some Antique Linen Distress Crayon in a small area. 
Then use your fingers to rub it in and smooth it out. Do the same two steps in another small area. Cover the entire tag in this manner.
Once the entire tag is covered, then take some time selecting some of the new Metallic Stickers and put them around the entire edge of the tag. They are very sticky, so be careful when you set them down because they are difficult to remove and reposition once they are down.
When you get to the top corner, trim some of the smaller sayings so they fit in the angled areas.
Here you can see cut the ends of the stickers on the sides as they ran into the angled part. Also when I was completely finished, I added some of the new Velvet Trims in black through the hole at the top and added an Antiqued Gem for a little sparkle.
One of the beautiful pieces that inspired this project was this rose and the urn from the new Engravings Layers. I knew they had to be together. They are backed on a piece of the new Idea-ology Wallpaper. It is a beautiful Pumice Stone color with little bunches of roses the same color. One of my favorite patterns from this release.I cut a thin gold Metallic Kraftstock mat for the wallpaper and then sewed around the entire piece with gold metallic thread,
I started by watercoloring the roses with my Finetip Waterbrush. You need to be patient when doing this, to endure that you do not use too much water. Go slowly and just enjoy applying color to the gorgeous engravings. I found that it really helped me to thoroughly dry the color in between applications when I was building up color.   For this I used a variety of colors including Rusty Hinge, Crackling Campfire, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness.     
NOTE: Tim Holtz did a great tutorial on coloring these engravings by covering them with a layer of Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder first. You can see it here.                                                                                                                                                               
 Once it was colored, I fussy cut around it to get rid of the wide, white outer edge around the image. I did the same to the urn, then adhered them together. It helps to attach them to something to make the piece dimensional. I used bits and pieces of some chipboard that I had.
Here you can see how they are set up and away from the tag. It adds great dimension. Also I added a whole piece of chipboard under the Wallpaper mat so that it also stood out from the tag. 
I added one of the new Metallic Sticker labels with a sentiment adhered in the middle. On each side is an Idea-ology Hardware Head that was colored with Gold Metallic. I put some dimension foam squares under the label to make it stand out. Alcohol Ink.
Before adhering the focal piece, I cut a mat out of some of the new Kraft Cardstock in the color that looks like Forest Moss. Make it a thin mat because you just want the tiniest bit of green to highlight the leaves and balance them with the large orange roses.
This is not a difficult project, but I would say it is probably an intermediate level piece. You do need some knowledge of Distress Products. It also takes some patience to get the stickers picked so they go with the theme of the main sentiment and so that they fit.

Thank you for getting this far in the tutorial, for stopping by my blog and for your support. I never take it for granted!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


6 comments:

Beulah Bee said...

Very lovely!

Paula Cheney said...

very beautiful Tami! I love that the flowers are raised to create dimension!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait for the new goodies to reach our shores so I can try something similar. Thanks for your inspiration!

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

Deb S said...

This is one of my favorites from the entire release day. Beautiful!

Linda said...

This is such a gorgeous tag,thank you for sharing!