Monday, March 29, 2021

Never-ending Card Tutorial

Oh my the new Backdrops papers and Worn Wallpaper from Tim Holtz Idea-ology are all so beautiful!  I wanted to make a project that really let them shine and appreciated them for their beauty, so I went old school and made a card type that I haven't made in years and years called a Never-ending card.

For the tutorial on the Never-ending Card, I thought it would be best to try and explain it through video, so I have reignited my Youtube channel and posted a video tutorial there. You can find it by clicking this link: https://youtu.be/N6ywzVN-qrQ

With the Never-ending card, you open it to reveal a second page, seen here, 

then a third page seen here,
and finally a fourth page seen here, 
before finally ending back at the very first page. That is why it is called a Never-ending card or also an Infinity card.
You begin with four 3" x 6" pieces of cardstock that is the same color on both sides.
Along the 6" side, score each piece at 1.5 and 4.5.
Then rotate the paper to the 3" side and score each end at 1.5 up to the 1.5" score line to make two 1.5 x 1.5 " squares on each end.
You will end up with 4 scored pieces. Two need to go vertically and two will go horizontally to make this card work.
Adhere glue only to the outer most 1.5 x 1.5 squares on the vertical pieces. 
Then adhere the same on the horizontal pieces, but you need to carefully align the horizontal pieces over the vertical pieces and only the corners should be glued together leaving the centers free.
Cut patterned papers as follows:
2 -  2.75 x 5.75" patterned paper that can go horizontally 
2 -  2.75 x 5.75" patterned paper that can go vertically
8 - 1.25 x 1.25” squares
8 - 1.25 x 2.75” rectangles (4 horizontal and 4 vertical)
Cardstock mats should be cut 1/8" larger than the patterned paper pieces.

**Thank you to reader Michele for these mat sizes. These are especially helpful if you are cutting them on an electronic machine.**
1.375"  x 1.375" for the eight squares
2.875" x 5.875" for the four large rectangles
1.375" x 2.875" for the eight small rectangles

Here is the front of the card I worked on in the video. A reminder that all of the paper pieces go on the various pages once they are matted, but the long horizontal and vertical pieces need to be cut in half before adhering them to the card so you can open the pages.
Add whatever flat embellishments you want to the card, metallic stickers, Engraved Layers, Paper Dolls, tags, tickets, so many wonderful, flat, paper options for you to include in your finished piece.


I hope this tutorial and the video tutorial were helpful. If you haven't had a chance to watch the YouTube video yet, I hope you will get a chance to check it out soon.

As always I am thankful for you stopped by and for your support. I never take it for granted.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Love your card and your tutorial. I would watch more if you do them. All the detail is great. thanks as always for sharing.

Ldybg93 said...

Fantastic tutorial! Thanks for sharing so many details. The video is really well done and so useful. Thank you!!

Paula Cheney said...

Tami, this is a great tutorial! I needed to see all the step outs to "get it" in my thick skull! What a fun card that anyone would love. Great job!

Debbie F. said...

Thank you so much for this video tutorial! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough yet to give this design a try, but I'm intrigued enough by it that I just might sit down and give it a try!! As a visual learner (and, like you, SO not a math person!), I found the video to be really helpful. I also very much appreciate watching you tint the dolls and engravings. I've read about how to do it, but mine don't come out that well. Watching you gave me the tips I need to be more successful with tinting. Love your cards. They are just beautiful. Thank you again. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the visual on how to do all that you did.

Erica H said...

LOVE this! I know just who I am going to make one for! Now to get busy crafting...
Thanks for sharing the video - it will be so helpful when creating this.

Teri said...

Love this card! Was having a difficult time trying to figure out a really special card for my moms 80th birthday. This will be perfect. She is going to love it. Okay so I have added you to my subscription list on youtube. Thanks much for your wonderful and very creative creations. What a joy to see your talent.
Thanks much!
Teri
PS - Not sure if you are aware but while watching you make this card on youtube, I noticed that the screen covering your heat gun looks like it is plugged up. If you take a look at it you can clean that off. If you leave it this way it will probably over heat and not work any longer. Hope you don't mind me telling you this. :)