Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Dome

I made this fun little Ideaology Display Dome with a cold winter vibe to it. This project was a fun mix of new and existing Idea-ology products.
I added a Curio Knob to the top of the dome. I thought the glass one went best with this little winter scene. Color two medium and two small Woodland Trees. I usedBundled Sage Distress Spray stain. When they are completely dry,  use your finger to tap some Distress Collage Medium onto the ends is the needles, then roll the tree lightly in Mica Flakes. Let dry. 

Paint the Decorative Deer and Salvaged Doll with Distress Paints. I aged them with a little Mushroom Alcohol Ink, which sometimes takes off some of the paint, built I move how that gives it a distressed look. Then I cut the new Velvet Ribbon into two little round ear muffs. I put some red Craft Thread across the top of her head with Collage Medium, and then attached the ear muffs with Collage Medium too. The Scarf is a bit of the Christmas Fabric Tape. I cut it to be a thin piece, fringed it and used a little powder to try snd not make the whole thing do sticky. Adhere the deer and doll in the snow in front of the trees. It makes them look like they are having a moment is surprise and delight. 
Paint the cork on the dome white, smear some Grit Paste on it and sprinkle some Distress Rock Candy Glitter on it. Poke holes in the cork for three of the trees, remove their wooden bases and stick the wire into the holes. Put one tree in a Grave Relic (urn) and add that in the center back. 


Finish with a round tag from the Ephemera pack. Don’t cut the bottom off like I did. Add a Vignette Base to the bottom of the cork so it sits off the ground and allows the bottom of the tag to hang below the bottom of the cork. 

Add the dome over all the trees and  adhere fabric tape and Christmas Label tape around the bottom of the dome. 

 

No comments: