Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Idea-ology Christmas Candy Shop - Part 3

Today's final post on this Candy Shop project so we can put it all together. If you missed Part 1 or Part 2, be sure to check them out for ideas as to how to make the sugared letters, candies and "chocolates."

I used an Idea-ology Divided Box and I took the top divider and trimmed a tiny bit off so that it fit vertically along the left side. I measured the Stencil Chip letters from Post 1 and made sure that it was just wide enough that they woul fit over it, and the side and divider would support them . You can see it made a very narrow box along the left side. I glued it in place with Distress Collage Mediu.

Then I lined both the vertical space and the bottom space with the metallic wrapper that I covere the Santa and bells with in Post 2. I did this because I wanted them to reflect the tiny lights. I added a few of the screw from the Idea-ology Vignette Hardware for me to wrap the Tiny Light wires around.
Here you can see I drilled a hole in the bottom box and in the divider separating the two sections. I threaded one strand of tiny lights through the bottom hole and wound half the strand around the screws inthe bottom section, then threaded it through the hole into the lond vertical section and wound the remaining half around the screws in that section as well.
I adhered the candy Idea-ology Christmas Vellum Scene to a Sizzix Permanent Adhesive sheet, then adhered it to a piece of vellum for some stability and to diffuse the Tiny Lights. Then I adhered it to the edges around the bottom section of the Divided Box.
I attached the numbers 25 from the Idea-ology Christmas Layers pack in the bottom fright corner with Distress Collage Medium. After I attached the CANDY letters, I covered all of the frontedges around each section with the black text Christmas Design Tape
Now to the back and sides of the Divided Box. I cut some of the various Christmas Papers into 1.5x4" strips and then I attached them onto the back and sides of the box with Distress Collage Medium, staggering the seams as shown above.
Once all the papers were attached, I adhered the battery packs from the Tiny Lights to the back of the box.
I colored a Curio Knob with Alcohol Ink and added it to the top of the box.
You may have noticed that there were two battery packs on the back of the box. That is because I wanted to be sure the tree would light up. So, after I covered the large section in the front of the Divided Box with white snowflake paper from the Christmas Paper Pack, I started to add the candy to the Candy Shop.
I colored a large Woodland Tree with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain so it had kind of a metallic look to it. For it to fit into the box I had to trim off part of the back of the tree so that it would fit. Then I worked a strand of Tiny Christmas Lights into it. The Christmas Tiny Lights are multi colored. Next I had to adhere it into place, so I used a hotglue gun to be sure it was very secure and stayed in place.
Then I went about adding some of the glittered baubles we talked about in Post 2. Use the unwrapped ones I told you to set aside. I used the hotglue for these as well. It sets up so quickly that it really is perfect for this job. Adhere most of the covered bells to the tree as well. We made these in Post 1.

That brings us to the finished product. If you have any questions about something I didn't cover, please shoot me and email by using the contact box in the right column. I cannot reply to comments on here for whatever reason. 

May you have a sweet Holiday Season!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

So looking forward to making this one!!! Thank you for the fabulous detailed tutorials...Now, if all my "stuff" will just get here....shipping this year is slower than Christmas...I may be making this one after Christmas for next year...LOL...

sarascloset said...

Tammy, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing how this came together! All of those 'candies' look good enough to eat! I'm amazed at your creativity, all the time, but this one just blew me away! Now I'm going to sit back and just stare! Merry Christmas!