Saturday, January 11, 2020

Theodore - Tim Holtz Colorize

 The latest in the colorize dies is this darling bear named Theodore.  He reminds me a little of Disney's very hungry bear, Humphrey. If Theodore is anything like Humphrey, he likes to eat, so I decided to use another new Tim Holtz die called Pattern Repeat to make a yummy honeycomb backdrop for him.
 Now for assembling Theodore. He is quite simple to put together once you have all of the colors to get started. I used Distress Mixed Media Heavystock colored with various Distress Spray Stains. This short video by Sizzix is very helpful when first putting together this die.

 Once you have Theodore assembled, it's time to move on to the background.
The Pattern Repeat dies work exactly like the various other repeat dies  from previous releases. They allow you to cut a few rows of the shape, or if you desire, as I did for this piece, you can line up the last row with the part of the die that doesn't have a blade, and then pass it through the die cut machine. Repeat this process as many times as needed to make the pattern you want.
Once I had my honeycomb background cut, I adhered it to a piece of Distress Heavystock that had been colored a bit darker than the Pattern Repeat piece. I really love how with the Pattern Repeat Honeycomb that there are bits that don't connect and how the hexagons are uneven here and there. The imperfections are fabulous.
 Once I had cut the Pattern Repeat background, I had a slew of hexagons left over so I adhered them all around the outside edge of the burlap panel I was using.
This is a very simple decor piece for a child's room or just for someone who loves bears. Like St. Nick and Mr. Snowman, Theodore is sure to be a favorite for birthday cards and fun decor pieces for years to come.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

I just "adore" Theo"dore"...LOL. Sorry, I couldn't help myself...HA! He is the cutest and I love that you used the waste of the honeycombs on the outside of the panel...fabulous!!!

Rea' said...

OH MY WORD ... Theodore is so cool, love the burlap on sides !!