Monday, January 27, 2020

It's All Perspective - The Professor 2

The Professor 2, bigger and better!Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous have brought the professor back in a new size and paired him with some great images.
I made the background to the tag by stamping the text stamp, numbers and others in a collage all over a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Hickory Smoke Distress Archival Ink. Then colored it with various Distress Inks.
To make the Heavystock tag, in Ground Espresso archival ink, I stamped just the professor's head four times on the tag so he was looking from a different perspective in each one. I added some color to the tag background, including some Evergreen drips.
To make a perspective spinner, I stamped the professor's face and the number circle on a separate piece of Heavystock. I colored the circle with Evergreen Bough and bits of Brush Corduroy sprinkles. Cut the circle out and add dimensional adhesive on the back. Cut out the goggles and put a metal ring from the Ring Fasteners onto the middle of the circle, poke a hole through it.
Poke a hole in the middle of the goggles. I added a small eyelet to add stability.Then place a Long Fastener through the hole and attach it to the back of the circle. Not too tight or it won't spin, but not too lose or it will wobble instead of spin.
Attach the spinner to the tag so it sits right between all the professors. Adhere the tag to the card back and sew a straight stitch around the edge of the card and then add some zig zag stitching here and there.
It's looking good, now for the sentiments! I chose the It's all perspective sentiment from the new Tiny Text stamp set with all those wonderful sayings.

This card really is very simple to replicate and fun to make especially if you change up the colors to go with his perspective.

As always I am so grateful to all who stop by and support me and for those who leave a comment.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 comments:

HirschEngelchen said...

Hi Tami, I love everything related to Steampunk and I love your idea of the perspective spinner! I am waiting for the professor, too! Thank you for your always impressive inspirations!
Hugs from HirschEngelchen
Anka

Nancy said...

As always the detail on your cards is impressive! I can always count on you for inventive techniques to make each card spectacular. And this one is no different! Thanks for all the great makes at creativation.❤️

sarascloset said...

Tami, this is a favorite for me! I love the coloring and how you made the spinner. As always, I enjoy the tutorial; you are so kind to share!