Sunday, October 13, 2019

It's the Most Wonderful Time of theYear - Scenic Holiday

 I just can't get over the beauty of these Scenic Holiday stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous.  They are so beautiful just stamped. You don't even need to do anything and they are perfect.  But you know me, I did need to do just a little bit.
 First I wanted a background to frame the gorgeous scene. For this one I reached for the new Snowflake Shifter Stencil. I stenciled the snowflakes with a Distress Brush and Iced Spruce and Stormy Sky Distress Inks. When that was done I added some of the music from the Music and Advert Stamp set. I inked the music stamp with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then used my hand to press it onto the paper in places so it was light and very uneven.
 In other spots I did the same type of stamping but I used the new plaid stamp from the Lumberjack set. And then I sprinkled some drops of Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain across the whole background piece.
 I stamped the Scenic Holiday image on a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Ground Espresso and Black Soot Archival. Then I cut it out using one of the Stacked Postage dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.
 Once it was cut out I used a VERY fine detail brush to watercolor the image. I used the brush end of my Distress Markers, scribbled some color in a small spot on my Glass Media Mat. I dipped the tip of a very fine detail brush in water, wiped it through the marker ink to pick up just enough ink, and colored in tiny spots here and there.
 Below the image I stamped the sentiment on the background.
 As you can see I machine stitched around the image on the stamp and the edge of the background. I also added mat to the postage piece and a 4.25x5.5" card base. The finishing touch was the was the bit of Crafters Thread wound around an Index Clip and then tied to the Idea-ology snowflake.
As it turns out, this is a card that isn't technique heavy, it just takes a little patience coloring in the beautifully detailed scene.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!



1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Beautiful...looks like a vintage card from a bygone era...picked up in an Antique Store...