Monday, January 21, 2019

RAWR - Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 Prehistoric

 I had so much fun with the Tim Holtz Prehistoric dinosaur dies.  These are great dies for cards, scrapbook pages or home decor for the kiddos, but they are also fun for adults who enjoy a bit of whimsy. 
When I get a new die or stamp that I'm going to be making a sample with, I start by cutting several or stamping several so that I can experiment. That's exactly what I did with these guys. I cut multiple dinosaurs out of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and colored them with Distress Inks and Oxides. This is a great thing to do because then when you need a quick card, you can match the elements to a background and you are good to go!
 This brontosaurus is colored with Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Then once he was assembled, I sprayed him with several coats of Distress Resist Spray. I love the texture it gave him.

Just behind him I cut a border from one of the Retro Repeats for a little added interest and backed it with a piece of heavystock colored with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.
The sentiment on this card was cut using the Cut Out Uppercase Bigz die. It is cut from black cardstock and Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. I colored the Heavystock with Crushed Olive Distress Ink and then stamped the reptile pattern from the CMS185 Croc background stamp in Forest Moss Distress Oxide. Then once the letters were cut, I edged them in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sprayed them with Distress Resist Spray just like the dinosaur.
The background of the card was made with Distress Ink and Distress Oxide using the "Wrinkle Free Distress" technique in Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen.
I needed a tiny bit of interest at the top, so with the same bit of paper, that I colored with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide, to back the area cut out by the Retro Repeat die, I cut one of the clips from the Noted Side Order. It was just what I needed to balance out the design.
Before adhering it to the base, I did a little messy stitiching around the edge.

Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out this Prehistoric brontosaurus card.
Tami

NOTE: The link platform below is new to me so a few of the links may not work until next week sometime. All of the Scrapbook.com links should work.

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

He is just adorable. Love the texture you got with the Resist Spray...looks like orange peel. AND, that Croc Stamp on the letters...LOVE IT!!! Guess I am just a big kid at heart that loves a bit of whimsey...LOL...I think he is just fab!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sherry. I’m telling you, I’m so addicted to that Resist Spray. Sometimes it’s just the thing you need to make something stand out.