Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Perfect Fit

Today’s blog post features two new Stampers Anonymous stamps by Tim Holtz. I used the Batik CMS327 background stamp and the Inventor 3 CMS342 dress form to make a card that could be a love note, a Valentine, or just a note to celebrate something that ended up being a perfect fit.
 I wanted to take a minute to talk a little about color with this card. I don’t have a particular design style. I just go with whatever inspires me in that moment, and that includes color. Sometimes if I’m working on multiple projects at once, you might see a similar color theme or common design element that is my favorite in that moment. That is the case with a lot of the Stampers Anonymous samples I made this year. I found myself reaching for many of the same colors over and over. This year’s favorites were Brushed Corduroy, Chipped Sapphire and Aged Mahogany. Peeled Paint is quite possibly one of my all time favorite colors, so of course it always makes its way into many of my cards.
For this card I pressed Chipped Sapphire, Aged Mahoghany, and Peeled Paint Distress Inks onto the Batik Stamp, the gave it two light overall spritzes of water, and stamped it onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Then I measured two more pieces of Heavystock and I used a blending tool to load Chipped Sapphire onto the edges to make matching mats. I sprayed them and dried them before layering them all onto a Peeled Paint Cardstock base card.

All that to say, don’t be afraid to pull out some of those Distress Colors you don’t think you really like and give them a whirl! They might become a new favorite!

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Oh that batik stamp turned out so beautifully! I love the background of the dress patterns too.