Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hello Spring!

Wishing you a very happy first day of Spring by sharing this card that is in full funky floral bloom.
It’s no secret by now that quite possibly my favorite new release die is the Planks die. I really love it. It can take on so many different looks. For this card I was feeling a little “Joanna Gaines” and wanted to make it look a little like weathered shiplap for the background.
To make the floral wreath, I cut multiples of the florals from the Funky Florals 3 Die Set from Distress Mixed Media Hardstock. Then I sat down, put on a good movie, got out my waterbrush and Distress Markers and I got to work water coloring the Florals and putting the extra pieces on them. I’m not gonna lie, this did take some time, but the more Florals you use, the more variety in the assembly and water coloring. I really enjoyed finishing each floral piece and watching the wreath come to life.
I finished the card off with the Shadow Script #2 word Hello for this Hello Spring Card. Although this was made as a card for display purposes, it could easily be in a Framed Panel or put on an Etcetera Tag as a piece of home decor, and based on the ink colors you choose, it could be a happy, warm wreath for summer or a deeper, browns, reds, and rusts for fall.

I hope this card brought a bit of spring and a bit of inspiration to you today!

1 comment:

Dara Lynn said...

Gorgeous colors and beautiful arrangement with the new funky florals!