Saturday, November 5, 2011

12 Tags of Fall Day #4


For Tag #4 of my friend Nancy's 12 Tags of Fall challenge, the main technique was to stamp with ink, then stamp with clear embossing ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. Then to ink over it and the clear embossing powder acts as a resist to the ink.

Nancy used some foliage to decorate her tag, but I wanted to try some of Tim Holtz's Kraft Glassine paper. I decided to post pictures of how I made the rust leaf on my tag so you could try it too. I just love the way it turned out.

I used Rusty Hinge Distress Stain, Kraft Glassine Paper, and I cut out leaves with my Lifestyle Crafts leaf dies.

Then I crinkled the paper and folded it to make it look like the veins in the leaves.


Then just color the paper with Distress Stain and look how beautifully they turn out!!

On my large leaves I did add a little of the dark brown Gathered Twigs Distress Ink around the edges to make it look a little varigated.

And as usual, I made two, one for me and one for my sister.


Today, as I finished these, (which included painting and inking the acorns because no one has any fall stuff out any more, it's all Christmas, so I had to paint some bright blue and green sparkly acorns from the Christmas pick aisle at M's) I was thinking about the words on the tags...Fall Hues. I just adore the gorgeous colors of fall. Seriously, I can't get enough of them. And so as I waded through the Christmas stuff with all the Christmas music invading my celebration of Thanksgiving, I was so thankful for FALL HUES. What an amazing display of God's creativity and beauty that shines through His creation!

No comments: