Monday, November 7, 2011

12 Tags of Fall Day #5

Isn't this design beautiful? Nancy's design for this tag included that pretty doily with the button heart in the center and I just couldn't wait to make this vintagey tag.

Today I am thankful for love. Not the mercurial, emotional, "romantic" type of love that is touted in movies, books, music and made a mockery of on reality TV. I'm talking about real love. The kind that is self-sacrificing, undeserving, and unchanging. The kind that chooses to endure in the midst of the difficulties, the heart breaks and the mundane. I'm thankful for my DH, Dad, Mom and my sister who do their best to love me this way, and for God who is the perfect example of unconditional, self-sacrificial love.
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." I Cor. 13:4-7


I really like the contrast of the dark Gathered Twigs background color and the light Antique linen doily and ribbon. The buttons and burlap add just the right touch of texture. Great design Nancy!

No comments: