Friday, September 16, 2022

Graveyard Chills - Whimsy Stamps

 

Graveyard Chills is a card I made as part of the Whimsy Stamps Halloweener Design Team 2022! I had a great time taking a non "Halloween" meadow die and turning it into a graveyard scene. If you have followed me for long, you know that I am fascinated with cemeteries, cemetery symbolism and don't find them scary since I see them as a reminder to take care how to live to be prepared for the inevitable end. So it should never be a surprise when I post a cemetery make. I have a lot of them. 

As usual, I filmed myself making this card, so I hope you enjoy the video tutorial.

The top of the card is Nevermore paper, the frame is from the Slimline Meadow die, the bats from the Build a Graveyard die, and the sentiment is from the Chills Word Die Set, all from Whimsy Stamps.
Moving down the card, I show the rest of the Slimline Meadow Die. It is Black Soot Idea-ology Cardstock that I colored with Distress Oxides and Distress Watercolor Pencils.
I added some skulls from the Build a Graveyard set onto the BaG tombstones and next to the tombstones. The gates and tombstones were aged with Distress Crypt Grit paste. Then when dry I rubbed some Distress Crayon in Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, and Ground Espresso onto them.
This is a great angle to be able to see the grit and texture added to the fences, tombstons and frame.
At the bottom of the card I have another set of gates and a large layered tombstone.
I was easy to tuck the tombstones under the different layers of the Slimline Meadow die.
I'm really so happy this card turned out as well as I had hoped it would. I hope you found something inspiring or interesting you could include in one of your makes.

Have a crafty day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Whimsy Stamps, Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

I love this card and the video. It takes talent to turn a spring meadow into a convincing graveyard! I didn’t notice this in the video, but looking at your photos I can see that you twisted the cemetery gates just enough to make them 3D and bent. It’s this type of detail that makes your projects so amazing.

Linda Stenzel said...

Incredible make!! Love everything Halloween and you do it the best❤️

Vannessa Osbourn said...

This is so cool! I'm so glad you are designing for Whimsy! I always love their Halloween line.