Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Floral Elements Card Tutorials

 

These floral cards are made using the new Tim Holtz stamps and stencils from Stampers Anonymous. I used the Distress Glaze over Distress Crackle Paste technique I learned from Stacy Hutchinson (Tattered Nest Designs) and Tim. The flowers are cut from the new Floral Elements stamps using the Ironoff Resist technique.


I hope this video tutorial will help you learn both techniques if you don't know how to do them already, or at least serve as a refresher.

Here are a few close-ups of one of the sample cards. The Distress Inks used are Villainous Potion,  Dusty Conocord, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness
It's really amazing how the glaze and crackle paste look like crazed tile. I used Hickory Smoke, Speckled Egg, and a touch of Villainous Potion Distress Crackle Embossing Glazes.
The sentiment is from Noteworthy CMS446 stamped in Villainous Potion.

 
The Distress Ink Colors used on this one are Saltwater Taffy, Villainous Potion, Speckled Egg, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters.
Saltwater Taffy, Villainous Potion, Speckled Egg Distress Embossing Glazes were used one this one.
The sentiment is again from Noteworthy.
 
You can see the mixture here of Villainous Potion and Speckled Egg. The darker background on this one called for lighter flowers.

For the tutorial I made a sample using th new Distress Color Uncharted Mariner, paired with Speckled Egg (again) and Candied Apple to give it a nautical feel.
This color scheme could also be patriotic.
I had fun making this card again with a completely different color scheme. I love how it gives the card such a different feeling.

Thank you fellow maker for stopping by. I hope you found something helpful in this tutorial.

I'm grateful for your encouragement and support! 

Have a crafty day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

 


1 comment:

Chris said...

A wonderful and informative tutorial Tami, Thank You so much for sharing 😊