Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Christmas in July - Mini File Folder Drawer

On my blog today I have a project I made last fall using the 2021 Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology release. As I announced in December, due to health issues with my family, I was unable to post all of the tutorials or walk-throughs of all of my projects and some of them had to be set aside. This was one of those. 

When Tim Holtz released the 2022 "everyday" line of Idea-ology, I knew I wanted to make another one for summertime. It's been a work in progress for quite awhile, but I did finish it and will be posting the tutorial for that in the next few days. So I thought that now would be a great time to post the walk-through of this project since many people do Christmas in July makes.

This is the walk-through I recorded last fall before I shipped the project to Tim for the reveal. I hope seeing the project in a video paired with the photos below will help inspire you if you want to make a similar project in your own style.
I began by removing the divider out of a Vignette Divided Drawer on the side with the biggest opening. Then on the end with the one small squarish opening, I cut some chipboard an 1/8" shorter than the sides and adhered them to all four sides.
Then I cut a squarish piece to go over the tops and sit just inside the edges.
It should look like this when you are done.
Now you need to decorate the box. Getting a good amount of Distress Collage Medium on your brush, cover one area of the box at a time. Have the Christmas Collage paper ready to adhere.
 You want to press the collage paper into the wood and gently press the air out of it. Do not wipe it with your hand or a towel as it will tear easily. Continue section by section until you get the whole piece covered.
 
The rest of the post is just close ups of the make and individual photos of the fronts and insides of all the folders. 


 
  
 
 
 








If you have any specific questions that the video and the post don't cover, I am happy to try to answer them. Just use the contact form at the right.

Thank you so much for making it this far! I truly appreciate your support.

Have a crafty day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

thank you so much for the wonderful video for this project and all the detailed descriptions and photos in your blog. always love to play along with your projects. and thanks as always for sharing and all the inspiration.