Saturday, August 21, 2021

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Halloween Release

Hooray for an incredible stamp release today from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous!  I am always so grateful to be asked to create with Tim's stamp sets for Stampers Anonymous. He is so supportive of our individual styles and strengths and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the freedom and encouragement to create.
 
I sent three makes for the live and finished two more here in my studio, so I have them all posted here. I will do more detailed posts on each later on, but this over all might be enough to spark inspiration and ideas for many of you. Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look!
I'll do a blog tutorial on this, but it is really easy. I stamped the Rest in Peace images in Distress Paint and then run the paper through the 3D Lumber Texture Fade. It's an 8.5x5.5 card size and I just hand cut the shape.
I wanted to use the same Rest in Peace stamp set but different stamps from it for a different feel. So to make this treat flask, I stamped the Pharmacy stamp , then masked it and stamped the Label Frame to make it look like a pharmacy label. Lastly I cut the Bold Frights Hocus Pocus sentiment in half and just used Pocus as the medicine. I covered the whole thing in Distress Collage Crazing snd added brown Distress Crayon to make it stand out. Then finished with the description stamp along the side and the prescription signature on a tag.
The Moth Study is a great stamp for all kinds of things. I decided to use them on test tubes here for favors. I put M&M's in them as if they were moth eggs for a Halloween party, but you could use loose leaf tea for a garden tea party, or a science/entomology themed party. I got both the tubes and the holder off Amazon.
These two Wicked hipster skulls are fun! I stamped the accessories in Archival Ink and colored in with Distress Ink, then masked and added stenciling and splattering with the Mica Stains.
Then I fussy cut the skulls out and popped them up  on the background so they stood out.  For each of the sentiments I used the Tiny Text Halloween that was released last year.

This card is a very simple slimline card that pairs the Bold Frights sentiment with those fun dancing skeletons from the Halloween stamp set. This is an iron off technique. I added Mica Stain Splatter to black cardstock for the card base to add a little color around the edge.

There you have it, my makes for this release. I hope there is something that inspires you to make...a card, a favor, a decor piece....anything, just get creative! 

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 

2 comments:

Juli Riedel said...

Tami- your creativity always amazes me! These makes were just Spooktacular and I look forward to your tutorials! Boo to you girlie!

Maureen Reiss said...

These are really Amazing Tami!!!! Love your coffin!!!!!