Saturday, August 7, 2021

Foolish Mortals - Ranger Distress Halloween Release

Hello crafty friends!! Arte you as excited about the NEW Halloween Distress releases from Tim Holtz and Ranger Ink? Oh my! I have ordered a couple extra of each just to have them on hand for later in the year since they are a ONE AND DONE release, meaning you can't get them once they are gone. So don't delay! 
I have had an absolute ball incorporating them into my seasonal makes for Tim's upcoming brand releases, but made a couple of Haunted Mansion inspired pieces using them because this week is Disneyland's Haunted Mansion 52nd Anniversary. So I made a couple of things to celebrate that. This piece is inspired by the Corridor of Doors and the portraits along the walls in that area.
I began by spraying some of the Bouquet flowers with Empty Tomb mica spray.
Then added a touch of Crooked Broomstick.
Here is the outcome... I love it! I ended up adding a touch of Distress Collage Medium to centers and then added some of the Nightfall Distess Glitter.
I rubbed a little touch of Crypt Grit Paste onto a Tiny vial.
Then filled it with Midnight Mica Flakes....yum!!
I needed to make my nod to the iconic Corridor wallpaper designed by Imagineer Tania Norris. I stamped with the Stampers Anonymous Skulls and Cobwebs CMS306 in Black Soot Archival. Then colored the Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord and the NEW Hocus Pocus Mica Spray.
Look at that shimmery goodness!
I added a touch of Crypty Grit paste to each Deco Frame, then sprayed with Empty Tomb and Crooked Broomstick. The ink part doesn't stay on the frames, but the mica some how does. I don't know why. It's cool!
See, I love just that cool Distress shimmer.
I grabbed a couple of scraps from a previous Halloween paper pad and sprayed it with Empty Tomb Mica Spray.
I used that as the background for some Halloween Paper dolls from a previous release. Then put them in the Deco Frames.
One of the last touches was to add some Collage Medium to the ends of two Fasteners, and then dip them in Nightfall Glitter.
I pulled all these pieces together by adhering the paper to a #8 Etcetera Tag, then adding the frames.
I needed a shelf so I used the new Decorative Trims Sizzix die and Stampers Anonymous Pinked Etcetera Trims to make a tiny shelf to sit the Tiny Vile with the flowers in it. I put the glittered Fasteners through the ends of an older Halloween Word Band that I mounted under the shelf.
If you look closely you can see the bits of Nightfall Glitter I added to the center of the flowers.
You can see I also added a few spider Rub-ons for a little creepiness.

I added a few other tiny viles I had in my stash from previous Halloween making sessions, and then adhered Nightfall Mica Flakes with Collage Medium all over the shelf. I love the haunting sparkle it adds.

 

What a really fun seasonal release! from the colorful shimmery Mica Sprays, the sparkly goodness of the glitter and mica flakes to the grunginess of the new texture and grit paste. These are things I plan to use throughout not only this Holiday making season, but throughout the year.  

Remember, this is a one and done release, so when the products are gone, they are gone. I have added links below if you are looking for a place to grab some of these products. 

Have fun and good luck!

Tami


I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

Fun stuff....let the Halloween making begin...I am ready to get my "Spook" on...LOL. Thanks for the fab tutorial.

Mrs Katherine Hazelton said...

Really beautifully Gothic, great make.