Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Pumpkin Festival - Tim Holtz Sizzix

 

I'm sharing with you today one of my favorite samples from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Halloween 2021 Release. I had so much fun making this and am excited to share it with you. A detailed step by step tutorial just isn't feasible for me right now, so I made a video walk through of this vignette, showing the dies I used, details about how I made each part and included some of the step out photos that I did actually take, as well as some of my photos of the inspiration pumpkins. 

You can see my video here:


I hope you found that video to be helpful and informative!

 

The title was made by cutting Distress Woodgrain Cardstock with the Stacked Rectangle Dies and adhering them to the front and back of some chipboard to make planks for the Varsity Alphanumeric letters.
The inside of a large Vignette Tray is covered with this delightful textured paper.
I began by cutting some thin Kraft paper the size of the inside back and sides of the Vignette Tray. Then I cut up the colored texture pieces and adhered them  to the inside of the box.
The textured paper was made by first spraying some Distress Speckled Egg Oxide Spray onto Kraft Stock, then running it through the new 3D Foiliage Texture Fade. I cut those pieces into lots of different sizes and then adhering them to the thin Kraftspck and putting them in the tray.

 

I did the same thing to the outside of the tray with a few changes. I colored several 4.25x5.5 pieces of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with various fall colors of Distress Spray Stains paired with some of the Seasonal Halloween Mica Spray Stains to add shimmer.

Then once the pieces were cut and adhered to the kraftpaper, I zigzag machine stitched over all the seams in brown thread to add interest...

and because it was inspired by a quilt that used to hang in the Big Thunder Mountain Jamboree BBQ in the fall at Disneyland.

NOTE: From here on I will add to this post as I put little mini tutorials on my Instagram. If you don't want to wait, I suggest you watch the video as it contains all the information now.

The Davy Pumpkett pumpkin was inspired by an actual pumpkin at Disneyland wearing a coonskin cap.

I have th back of the pumpkin as a solid piece since it isn't one that lights up.
To make the cap and fringed jacket I drew a racoon tail on the Scarf from the Winter Wardrobe dies released in 2020.
I colored them with several different Distress Inks.
Once they were colored,  I cut them out and detached the tail so I could place it where it made the most sense.
For Davy's outfit I used two ends of the scarf and the collar from The Gent die set.

Please be sure you are following me on Instagram and check back for more pumpkin details as I post them there, or check out the Youtube video if you can't wait.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


3 comments:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

So cool, love how the lights shine through their eyes...lots of work and love goes into all your projects...it shows.

Judith Arri said...

This project is amazing. Being a Disney lover, I really can appreciate all the loving detail you add to your work. I thoroughly enjoyed watching your video and listening to your creative process. This one is out of the park! The lights through the sparkly vellum is genius. Love, love it.

Theresa said...

just love this project. will be creating some version of this for myself. how you use dies is so very clever, making Davy's hat out of a scarf, who would have thunk'. thank as always for sharing.