Thursday, December 26, 2019

3-D Holly Impresslit Ornament

 This is a quick post-Christmas Blog post highlighting something I didn't get blogged before Christmas. One of the Chapter 3 releases that is just awesome is the 3-d Impresslit Holly. Oh my word! It is so beautiful! I don't know if anyone else is like me, but sometimes the dies are so beautiful I can't imagine making something that does justice to them.

I decided that I wasn't going to be able to really make something that truly showcased this Holly, but I couldn't get this project out of my mind, so I made a few quick ornaments for my tree.  They are really fast and simple to make, and now that the rush of the holidays is over, but your Christmas stash is still handy, it might be a good time to make a few new ornaments for next year!
 Start by cutting multiple 3-D Holly Impresslits. Then purchase some round paper mache ornaments. Adhere the holly branches around the center of the ornament. It took me about four branches to make it around the ornaments I had.
 I brushed on a nice layer of Collage Medium and then pressed the holly branch into it so that it looked like it was carved out of the ornament.
 Then once the Collage Medium was dry, I covered the entire ornament in Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.
 When that was dry I quickly brushed some Antique Linen Distress Paint over that.
 Then I wiped it off. The Tarnished Brass should show through. Unless you get a call from your FIL in the middle of this process. LOL! if that's the case, just brush a little Tarnished Brass back onto the high spots. No biggie.
 Spray the dry ornament with Distress Resist Spray and then spray it with Platinum Glitter Dust from the Glitter Duster.
Tie a shiny ribbon around the top and hang it on the tree. These were pretty quick to make and only a tiny bit messy. But I love they way they look on my tree. They pick up the light beautifully.

I hope you get a chance to enjoy some post-Christmas crafting!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

sarascloset said...

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing! The holly impresslit die cut looks beautiful there in all it's glittery-ness! Looks like I'm going to have to finally break down and get the duster, and a new bottle of the Resist spray, because I have got to give this a try. (My sprayer stopped working after the first pump!)

Bianca said...

Thanks forr sharing