Friday, December 20, 2019

Faux Mercury Glass Christmas Ornaments

My Christmas tree is decorated with silver, gold, white, clear, sparkly, glittery, music paper, jute, butlap, and mercury glass ornaments. So I thought it would be fun to make a few of my own faux mercury glass ornaments from some of the Chapter 3 and 4 Christmas dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.

I've made this faux mercury glass before from the Ideaology Mirrored Sheets. It's a little messy but so worth the mess! Here is how to do it.

Once you have several sheets of faux mercury glass made, then cut the ornaments out of the Bigz dies and some of the holly leaves and berries from the Large Funky Festive thinlit dies and you have some ornaments.
I cut the patchwork bird parts from the Mercury Glass sheets. Make sure you attach a ribbon hanger.
I put some Glossy Accents on the berry on the holly leaves.
Here is the Bigz Reindeer.
Again with the holly and berry.
This is the Bigz Seasonal Scroll and I had three berries on it that have been on it since September, but moments after I hung this on the tree to take a picture, my cat Patriot batted it off, then absconded with it and when I tracked him down and retrieved it, the third berry was no where to be found. LOL! So just imagine the third berry is there.
I love this die though. It is so pretty and decorative all on it's own.
The layered pine is perfect for an ornament too!
I love they way the little touch of holly adds so much.
Once the faux mercury sheets are made from the Idea-ology Mirrored Sheets, these ornaments are super fast and easy to make!

Today's recipe to go with this project takes a little time, but just like this, it is well worth the time and effort to make.  White Chocolate Orange Truffles -- they melt in your mouth!

Enjoy!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

Ustvarjalni dotik said...

Lovely idea. I must try this too.
-------------------------------------
A day without a scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Vabilo za rojstni dan

sarascloset said...

Your faux mercury glass is a wonderful technique and these ornaments are gorgeous on your tree! I love the berries with the glossy accents- a wonderful touch! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will enjoy many blessings in the New Year! Sara Emily