Friday, October 5, 2018

Trick or Treat - Give me Candy Corn!

 Oh you know I couldn't go too long without posting another shifter card! This card was 100% inspired by one of my favorite Halloween candies, and one of Tim's too -- CANDY CORN!  I just don't understand people who don't love candy corn and candy corn pumpkins. So.good!
 I used Distress Watercolor Cardstock for this card and for the yellow and orange I went straight for the latest Distress Oxide #4 Set and pulled Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed.
The sentiment and focal stamp were from a fun little set called Spooky Scribbles CMS349. This set has some great sentiments and images that are sized to be stamped together.
I stamped the jack-o-lantern and sentiment in Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed it with Black Superfine Embossing Powder. Then I blended the Mustard Seed Distress Oxide down toward the pumpkin, and added in the Ripe Persimmon at the bottom, leaving the top white like a candy corn.
The Mini Layering Shifting Stencil Set #36 were used on this card with both the Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon. I added some messy machine stitching and a Halloween Token tied with a little black Eclectic Elements Craft Thread.

The last touch was to cut very thin black cardstock mats for everything and handcut a mat for around the stamped shape that was cut from one of my go-to Sizzix Alterations die cuts called Labels.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love your card; the shifting is perfect! I, too think the colors of candy corn should be the progression you used! I actually resorted to keeping a few pieces of candy at my work space...unfortunately, I had to keep replacing them!