Sunday, October 7, 2018

Autumn Wonder

 The Nature's Wonder CMS343 leaf stamps and sentiments from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous are so lovely! You can really make some beautiful fall cards and Thanksgiving crafts with them.

For these stamps I decided I needed to do an Alcohol Lift Ink on them. So I gathered my supplies:
Yupo Paper and Alcohol Inks w Felt Applicator
Stamp Cleaner
Alcohol Ink Lift Ink Pad
Alcohol Ink Cardstock
Stamping Platform
Rather than reiterating how to do an alcohol ink lift and stamp, I'll refer you to the video below by Tim Holtz. He explains it the best!
So after I made a background with alcohol inks on Yupo paper, I arranged the leaf stamps from Nature's Wonder to fit on a piece of Alcohol Ink Cardstock. on the Stamp Platform.
Then I inked up the stamps with the Alcohol Ink Lift and stamped it on the Yupo background. I removed the background paper from the platform and inserted the Alcohol Ink Cardstock and stamped the lifted ink onto the cardstock.
Once it was dry I stamped the Craze CMS344 background stamp over the leaf images in Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and also on a second piece of Alcohol Ink Cardstock for the outer frame. 
To finish it off I stamped the branch from the Mr. Bones CMS345 stamp set on top of the leaves in Vintage Photo Archival Ink, and added a sentiment  from the Nature's Wonder stamps which I layered on top of a bit of Alcohol Ink Cardstock colored with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and stamped with the Ornate CMS348 background stamp also in Seedless Preserves.

Here is Tim's video discussing all of the products needed to do this technique as well as how to do it.



No comments: