Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Disney Trip Count Down Frame - Say Cheese II

When we do Design Team projects we are supposed to do a layout and something else.  My something else for the Simple Stories Say Cheese II line was a Disney Trip Count Down Frame that could be turned into a regular picture frame once the trip is over.


The center is the piece of wood that goes on the back of the frame to hold the glass and picture in place. I painted it with Prima Chalkboard paint. 

I used Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon to kind of tie the wooden veneer pieces together 
and to give it the feel that Disney Magic was coming alive off the film. 
Then I stained and glittered some of the pieces with Rock Candy Distress Glitter and Antique Linen Distress Glitter. I used Distress Stains on most of the pieces but the blue ones I mixed a few Distress Paints to get the color I wanted.

I cut the Simple Stories paper out to the right size and then sewed around the edges with gold thread to tie in with the Antique Linen Distress Glitter.

This project was fun but it turned out looking completely different than what I had imagined in my head. 

No comments: