Sunday, August 23, 2015

Saint Patrick's Day Paper Crafts Using Authentique's Lucky Collection


Back in March I taught a class at my LSS using Authentique's Lucky paper collection. It was a lot of fun creating as I didn't have anything St. Patricksy to scrap and had never decorated for it either.  I ended up creating two decorative pieces and one layout.


The two page layout above uses several of the elements from the paper line as well as a couple of embossed chipboard heats painted with distress paint. It was a very simple design. I just wanted to let the really fun papers shine!


The second project was to make a decorative frame for an office desk, home mantle, or entrance table.  This project uses a frame from the Dollar Tree, Antique Linen Distress Glitter, the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Banner die. The clover is four hearts cut from chipboard and covere in Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters Distress Glitter. 





The last project I made was this banner.  The base was using the DIY Shop Kraft Banners.  I sprayed them with Gold Perfect Pearls and water to give some shimmer. Then I punched the corners of the different title cards with a Cropadile Corner Chomper - Cloud. I made rosettes using the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Lg Rosette die.  I punched 1" and 1/2" circles and sewed them into a banner with gold metallic thread and strung it along on top of the banner. The tops of the banner was covered with borders cut from a Sizzix border die.













In addition to the class for March we were also supposed to make a make n take tag for my LSS for Friday night crops.  I got a chance to play with Prima Clear Crackle and I LOVED it! The only problem was we were supposed to use the canvas tags and it didn't crackle on the canvas like it did on flat surfaces.  So I had to think of something else to do with it. So I used the Tim Holtz Lace stencil, covered the tag with the Crackle medium and lifted the stencil off. Then I covered the crackle with Antique Linen Distress Glitter. Once it was dry, I spritzed the linen tag with Pistachio Distress Spray Stain. 



I displayed it in a frame from the Dollar Tree that I painted gold




No comments: