Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Warm Hugs - Snowscape

Who misses warm hugs? I know I do, so I thought this Olaf inspired Medium Etcetera tag would be a perfect holiday make for 2020. I was thinking this might be a cute thing to put into a coffee area, or on a tiered tray, or even an entry table.
To make this tag, begin by doing a messing painting of the tag, with Picket Fence and Speckled Egg Distress Paint. It doesn't need to be perfect, just get some paint on it. Then cut a 6x11" piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock with the Arctic background die. It's very easy to repeat this and make it look like it was all one cut. Save the bits that poke out, we will use them later.
When the paint is dry, adhere the background onto the tag with Collage Medium. Put a nice even level of it over the paint and then evenly press the background into it, all over. You can use a brayer if you want to be sure that ye get all the air bubbles out and that it is definitely stuck to the tag.
 Cover the front of the tag with a nice layer of Distress Collage Crazing Medium. Let it dry naturally.
Then paint the entire top of the tag in Stormy Sky Distress Paint. When it is dry, wipe the entire background with Picket Fence Distress Paint and work it into all the recessed areas, but then wipe it off before it dries.
The central part of the tag is made by cutting More Distress Watercolor Cardstock in white, Chipped Sapphire and Candied Apple from the Shadow Alphanumeric Dies. I pieced together the cents by using a lowercase c and the ends of a lowercase l.

The bottom section features the Colorize Snowscape. All of the parts were again but from Distress Watercolor Cardstock and colored with various Distress Inks.
I placed the Papercut Christmas 2 Snowman next to the river with his arms out ready for a warm hug.In this picture you can that I added a few of the poked out pieces from the background and attached them all over the tag. Then you can see that I sprayed the entire tag with Distress Resist Spray and then dusted it with Rock Candy Distress Glitter to give it a wintery sparkle.

And that's it! A winter slogan tag with a decorative scene across the bottom. This is a fun project to make and I hope it got your mind working, not only about ways to use some of these dies, but even ways to display your makes.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I really appreciate it so much. The comments and support mean so much to me!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Your "Olaf" is adorable...yes, warm hugs are something we are all missing out on....

Learning Quran Online USA said...

it's really nice look