Saturday, November 28, 2020

Idea-ology Christmas Candy Shop - Part 2

Alright! Post number two of the Christmas Candy Shop! In the first post, I covered how to make the sugared letters, and the faux chocolate Santa and bells. Today we are going to cover two more candies and then I will address how to pull the entire thing together in the last post.
For the peppermint candies, I bought some lollipop sticks from the candy area of my local hobby store.

Then attach the peppermint stripe Design Tape from the Idea-ology Christmas 2020 Design Tape down one side of the Lollipop stick.
Do your best to line up the stripes and attach another piece down the other side of the lollipop stick.

 Mine had a bit of a gap in the back, but I really wasn't worried about it. Once I put the candy cane sticks into the piece, I just made sure that part was facing the back on all of them.

 I cut the sticks into 3 pieces, but you might want to measure and cut the size that will fit wherever you are putting the candy.

To make them really look like candy, they need to be in a wrapper. So I cut apart the packaging from some Distress Paper and made the wrappers for my candies. It is very easy to do and is a perfect way to recycle.

For this packaging, only the front was clear, but that was enough for what I needed. I did a rough measure with one stick and cut enough for the candy cane sticks I had made.

Next, roll the candy cane up in a piece of the cello paper, and twist the end around very tight, so that it keeps the wrapper closed. If it is too long, trim off the end once it is twisted.

Here you can see that the little gap in the back of these didn’t show at all.

The next candy I used Idea-ology Baubles, colored them with the same alcohol inks as the glitters. To attach the glitter, I rolled the colored baubles in some Distress Collage Medium, then I quickly rolled it in the matching Distress Glitter that I used for the letters. You need to set them aside to completely dry.

Once they are dry, cut some more cello to wrap these as well.

Wrapping these is a little different. You have to fold the cello in so that one side lays over the other on the Bauble. As you see above, you have to hold it in place.

Again, you need to twist one end the same way you did with the peppermints. If it is too long, then trim it.
When you have a little pile of them to put in the corner, they look so yummy! 

Don’t wrap all of the sugared baubles because you will want to use some of the silver metallic tree.

That's all there is to two more types of candy to make. Tomorrow it is on to assembling this project.

 I'm always so very, very grateful for the support you show me by visiting here, leave comments, send messages, and such. I truly appreciate it!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

 

 

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

It's sweet tooth time again...LOL. Such creative ideas to turn items into realistic looking bits of candy...goo enough to eat...don't lick the baubles...LOL...Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving with family and great food....

Maureen Reiss said...

Sooooo Awesome!!! TFS