Sunday, November 15, 2020

Don't Judge Me - Snarky Cat Framelits

Wahoooo! Snarky Cat Framelits are here! How awesome is that!? A huge thanks to Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous and Sizzix for bringing these fun dies and stamps to us.
I made this silly shaker card with the cat as one of the shakers. Hahahahaha!  I pulled a background I had made using the Embossed Resist Iron-off technique I have been obsessed with since I learned it from Jennifer McGuire. I stamped the Batik stamp onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder. The I  colored with with some Distress Inks in beachy, ocean colors , sprayed it with water and let it dry. Once it was dry, I ironed off the embossing and it left a creamy reveal.
Next I used the round die cuts from Sizzix that go with all of their shaker domes. This is the biggest of the circles and domes that they make. I cut the circle out of the upper portion of the card. Next I looked through my container of backgrounds to see if I had something that looked oceany. Once I found it I was ready to go. I cut out two of the crazy snarky cats, and stamped on the one, then adhered them together and colored him in.
I put some of the Sizzix Craft Essentials Sequins and Beads in the middle of the blue piece, with the snarky cat. Then I adhered the Batik paper to the edges of the Shaker dome so they were on the back side of the card front. When it was dry, I applied more adhesive around the dome and attached it to the blue paper, taking care to keep the cat and the sequins and beads in the center. When that was dry I attached it to a card, added a sentiment and some ribbon and was finished. 

I think this crazy cat looks like he tried to swim in the ocean and he's getting tossed around in the waves. 

I have links below to a few places where you can purchase the items to make this card or one from your own imagination. You can also purchase them from Stampers Anonymous and Sizzix websites as well.
 

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

 

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

So much fun and now no hand cutting...yippee!!!