Sunday, November 15, 2020

Christmas Cards - Snarky Cats, Bold Tidings, Retro Flakes, and Winterscape

This Snarky Cat Christmas card is really fairly quick to make. I took a red background that was pretty plain, and stamped the stars from Vintage Holiday onto it in Toner Ink. Then I ran it through my Minc so the stars were gold foiled.
To go with the gold foil, I framed the cute Santa cat in a black cardstock and a Metallic Gold Kraftstock mat.
Then to finish it off I cut a strip of black cardstock, and heat embossed the sentiment in gold. Then cut a little gold buckle using two of the Stacked Squares dies. That was it! Super easy.
This Winterscape card took a bit of fussy cutting and masking.  I began by stamping the cabin and trees in the upper right corner of the card. Then I stamped it on masking paper by Judikins, and I fussy cut it out and masked it off. Then I stamped part of the larger tree in the bottom right side of the card.

I also stamped the larger tree in the bottom left of the card, as well as onto some Judikins masking paper and fussy cut it out. I masked off the large tree and still had the mask on the cabin stamp. Then I stamped just the tree portions from the cabin stamp in the top left corner of the card. I really felt like this gave the card some depth. To really get some white areas on the trees, I painted a bit of white paint in areas where the stamp looked like it had some snow piled on the trees. Next I stamped the deer in the center and I watercolored everything. 

To finish it off, I heat embossed a Christmas Tiny Text onto a thin piece of black cardstock and attached it over the trees in the upper right corner.

This card was just a fun one to make. I made this Microglaze Resist background awhile back during a creative session and had it in my stash of backgrounds. I kind of felt like it looked a little like a snow storm, so that determined the direction of this card.
I stamped the Bold Tidings - Believe in the Magic and the Retro Flakes in Heidi Swapp Toner Ink.
Then I ran the entire piece through my Minc so that they would be gold foiled.
I matted the card in gold Metallic Kraftstock and then mounted it on a white card base. This card went together very fast.

I couldn't decide between the gold and silver foil, but I'm glad I went with the gold as I feel like it stands out more on this background.

Thank you so much for stopping by to see these cards. They were a lot of fun to put together and I hope they spark some Christmas Card inspiration for you.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Really like the "Minked" one...I finally got my Mink Ink, but haven't tried this technique Yet...got to get it in gear...LOL...