Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Choose to Shine - The Professor CMS373

The Professor CMS373 stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous has great vintage images that can be mixed and matched. I chose to pair them with one of the fabulous sentiments from Glorious Garden CMS366.
For the focal point, I stamped the circular compass face onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. then Wtercolored portions of it, cut it out and attached dimensional adhesive.
I also stamped the lightbulb, watercolored it, cut it out and sprayed it with Distress Resist Spray.
The background was fun to make. I used the Burst Layering Stencil from the Christmas 2018 release and put some Distress Microglaze on a piece of Blending Foam and applied it to a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Then I applied some Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.  The miroglaze should resist the ink leaving rays.
Next I stamped in the center at the top the curved numbers. This should be stamped in Black Soot Distress Archival Ink.
To finish it off, stamp the measurement across the bottom as a border and stamp a sentiment on a piece of heavystock colored with the same yellow as the lightbulb. I sewed around the base before I attached the circle in the center. Once all the sewing was complete, I attached the compass circle and then the lightbulb. Both with dimensional adhesive.
This was another option but it adds a third stamp set to the card if you are watching cost.  It's fun to use if you have this set, so I thought I would put both versions in this post. This lightbulb is from the Inventor 7 set with the lightbulb and the gears. I did the same things on this card, just replacing the small light bulb with the larger one.

I hope you choose to go out and shine today! Thank you for stopping by!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: