Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Capture Life's Moments - Inventor Camera

The Inventor stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous have been a huge hit this last year! The newest installments are great and the Inventor 8 set has this fantastic vintage camera.
I stamped it on some Distress Heavystock and then colored it with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, then cut it out and edged it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink before spraying it with a nice layer of Distress Resist Spray.
The background was made using the Wrinkle-free Distress method of Crushed Olive, Chipped Sapphire and Ground Corduroy Distress Inks on the non-stick mat and applying it to a piece of Distress Heavystock. When I liked the look of the background, I stamped the entire Inventor 8 camera stamp onto the background and then added the colored camera with dimensional adhesive over the stamped image on the background. This made it a focal point on the card.
For interest, I added several of the small filmstrip stamps from and older classic stamp set called Mini Muse CMS063. This set has a lot of smaller sized images that fit well with so many things for card and ATC makes.  I stamped the film strip onto Distress Heavy stock with Black Soot and Ground Espresso Distress Archival Inks. You can see the color variations. Then I inked them with Walnut Stain and a Blending Tool. I adhered them to the background in several places and then added some messy stitching in a beige grey to tie in the camera.
I finished it off with a word band from Idealogy and two Long Fasteners.  This is a super easy card to make once you get all the materials out.

Thanks for stopping by and now get out there and capture ife's moments! :-)
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


3 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Love the camera, those Inventor Stamp Sets are the best...I have a question??? Did you use Brushed Corduroy or Ground Espresso? I am a bit confused by the Ground Corduroy...LOL...So many names to remember! Love the color combination, that is why I asked...

Anonymous said...

Haha! I should hire you to proof my posts for me. Our electricity was going out and I was typing fast. I used Brushed Corduroy in the background. I almost never use Ground espresso for anything but edging and stamping.

scrappergirl56 said...

Too funny, I kind of thought maybe that would be the one, but ya know, we can water down and blot to make colors suit out taste...thanks a bunch!