Wednesday, February 20, 2019

hi! - Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 2019

This little card packs a giant primordial greeting! The technique for making it is one that can be used for many other mediums besides just cards.
The Prehistoric dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix, were what I used to make this card. These dies can be cut with the additional layers that are placed on top of the base shape. But on this card I only used the base shapes.
I cut the focal point and the sentiment out of thing green vinyl like I did on the Party Like a Dinosaur card. I used the Cut Out Alphanumeric Lowercase to cut the sentiment "hi!" out of the dinosaur. Then I wiped over the green vinyl with Fired Brick Distress Paint and then with Black Soot Distress Paint. Lastly, I sanded it to allow the green to show through in spots.
For the background, I did the same technique that I have used on several Etcetera Tags including the one here. The tag base is kraft colored so to use the technique on the card, I chose a kraft colored card base, then I cut out the dinosaur shapes from the same Kraft paper, I adhered them with Distress Collage Medium Matte, then covered the whole base with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint. When it was dry I sanded it , covered it with another coat of Collage Medium and then rubbed some Black Soot Distress Crayon to help the edges of the dinosaurs to stand out.

I finished it off with a piece of Corrugated paper, and some Eclectic Elements Craft Thread.

Thanks you for visiting!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

RAWR!!! Love the colors and the effect on the leather...must give that a try. I feel a trip to Hobby Lobby coming on to look for thin vinyl to die-cut...LOL.