Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Christmas in June Pt. 3 - Joy to the World

This is the last of the Christmas in June samples I made this month. For this project I wanted a rustic bunch of greenery and pinecones to be the focal point, so I put them on a medium Etcetera tag and again kept it fairly simple so the focus was on the spray.

The Sizzix Alterations Dies I used on this project were:
Paper Snowflakes Mini
Storybook Font
Holiday Words 2 Thin
Fold-up Bows
Holiday Greens
Holiday Greens Mini
Tattered Pinecone
Jumbo Tattered Pinecone

Let's get started!
To make the background I cut a bunch of the Paper Snowflakes out of kraft paper.
I laid them out on the tag to see how I wanted them to look.
Then I attached them onto the tag with Distress Collage Medium.
Once dry I trimmed the bits that were hanging off the edge and then sanded all the edges.
Next I painted over the entire surface of the tag with Picket Fence Distress Paint.
Once it was dry I went over the entire thing with the Ideaology Sanding Block and carefully sanded away the paint from the edges of the tag and the raised edges of the snowflakes.  I wanted this to look like I had embossed the tag and then paint had worn away from some of the areas. I really like how it turned out and didn't want to cover the whole thing, so when I added the greenery and sentiment I tried to leave some areas where the background could be seen.

In case you don't know how to make the pinecones, Tim made a very helpful tutorial video several years ago that I recommend watching if you haven't used the Tattered Pinecone dies before.

3 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

okay that snowflake background is a fantastic idea!!

Unknown said...

Love the snowflake background! TFS Tami!

Beulah Bee said...

I really admire this!!